Yan Yu, PhD, MBA, FAAPM, FASTRO
Room G-321, Bodine Center
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-2386 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Modeling of path planning and needle steering with path tracking in anatomical soft tissues for minimally invasive surgery
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Delivery in a Genetically Engineered Mouse Model of Lung Cancer
- 3D Dynamic Motion Planning for Robot-Assisted Cannula Flexible Needle Insertion into Soft Tissue
- Thermoluminescence study of Mn doped lithium tetraborate powder and pellet samples synthesized by solution combustion synthesis
- Automatic multi-organ segmentation of prostate magnetic resonance images using watershed and nonsubsampled contourlet transform
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
ABR Therapeutic Radiology Physics Ongoing Certification
Queen Mary College, University of London, B.Sc. (Physics)
University College London (UCL), University of London, Ph.D. (Atomic Molecular Physics)
Simon Business School, University of Rochester, M.B.A. (Business Administration)
Professor and Vice Chair
Director of Medical Physics Division, Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University
Research and Clinical Interests
- Robotic assisted radiation delivery, motion tracking.
- Robotic brachytherapy. Smart needles.
- Automated treatment planning.
- NIR spectroscopy of acoustic radiation force mediated vascular effects for non-invasive cancer detection and therapeutic intervention. Multimodal optical imaging for cancer detection, disease mapping and IGT.
- Nanoparticle dose enhancements.
- Novel radiation dosimeters.
- Medical physics performance metrics, work value, staffing models. Radiation oncology qualiaty measures.
- Global Health.