Yan Yu, PhD, MBA
Room G-321, Bodine Center
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0412 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Closed loop control of a robot assisted smart flexible needle for percutaneous intervention
- Biomaterial characteristics and application of silicone rubber and PVA hydrogels mimicked in organ groups for prostate brachytherapy
- X-ray Diffraction Investigations of Shape Memory NiTi Wire
- Development of Self-Actuating Flexible Needle System for Surgical Procedures
- Evaluation of Elekta 4D cone beam CT-based automatic image registration for radiation treatment of lung cancer
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Radiation Therapy Physics, American Board of Medical Physics, 1996
University of London, Queen Mary College, London, England, B.Sc. (Physics)
University of London, University College, London, England, Ph.D. (Atomic Molec. Physics)
Simon Business School, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, M.B.A. (Business Administration)
Professor and Vice Chair
Director of Medical Physics Division, Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University, 2008
Research and Clinical Interests
- Stereotactic and IMRT treatment optimization using computational intelligence techniques. Decision analysis for radiotherapy planning.
- Real-time error predictive treatment guidance. Time series analysis and forecasting. Optical interferometry-based prospective respiratory gating. Image-guided therapy and intervention.
- Robotic assisted platform for radiation delivery, motion tracking.
- Electromagnetic and optical tracking systems for therapy guidance and verification. Force sensory feedback control. Physiodynamic sensing.
- Intraoperative dynamic dosimetry for prostate brachytherapy.
- Optimization of needle-based, Image-guided intervention, including biopsy and therapy.
- NIR functional imaging and spectroscopy of acoustic radiation force mediated vascular effects for non-invasive cancer detection and therapeutic intervention. Multimodal optical imaging for cancer detection, disease mapping and IGT.
- High intensity focused ultrasound for ablative therapy.
- 3D orthogonal compound ultrasound.
- Image analysis, pattern recognition and image fusion.
- Plasma atomic physics and electron beam ion trap fluorescent radiation, theory and instrumentation.
- Animal models of tissue oxygenation, tumor vasculature and normalization. Vascular disruptive agents using nanoparticle-enhanced radiation.
- Microbeam RT: from cells to small animals.