Continuing Medical Education
Visiting Fellowship – Short Term
The Department of Radiology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital offers visiting fellowships in the following sub-specialty areas: Click on the title for more information about each of the Visiting Fellowship programs.
- Musculoskeletal (Bone, primarily MRI)
- Ultrasound (General, Vascular, Breast, Echocardiography, Maternal/Fetal Medicine, Academic, Research)
Each of these programs is designed to provide a flexible and individualized learning experience. Visiting fellows have the opportunity to participate in film interpretation, observe procedures and techniques, study teaching file cases, as well as attend regularly scheduled case reviews and interdisciplinary conferences. See the individual listings for more detailed information on each Visiting Fellowship.
Visiting Fellowships are available for periods ranging from one week to one year. Standard tuition for a Visiting Fellowship is $250 per day, $1,200 for the first week and $900 for each week up to one month, and $500 per week thereafter. Cardiac CT is $1,000/day. MFM Ultrasound is $1,200/week, $3,000/1 month, $6,000/3 months, $18,000/year. Enrollment in the Visiting Fellowship program is limited and application in advance of the desired fellowship period is required. CME credit is available for Visiting Fellowships. Jefferson Medical College designates this activity for up to 150 hours in Category 1 credit toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. There are options for splitting time between services.
To determine if space is available in the area(s) in which you have an interest, email us at email@example.com with “Visiting Fellowship” in the subject line and provide us with the following:
- A brief biosketch (name, address, phone, profession, affiliation/where you work) or attach a copy of you curriculum vitae.
- The desired dates for the visiting fellowship
- A brief statement of your learning objectives – what you want to accomplish during the visiting fellowship.
- Whether you would need low-cost dormitory housing
- If you are not a USA citizen, what is your visa status. Do you already have a visa for the United States that will cover the period for which you have requested the visiting fellowship? If yes, provide the details (type of visa, valid from/to, multi-entry or single entry).
We will contact the division director for tentative approval of the visiting fellowship and desired dates and, if you request dormitory housing, will determine if space is available on the desired dates. If everything is favorable, we will notify you that the visiting fellowship has been tentatively approved and that you may proceed with the full application.
On receipt of your application and the nonrefundable $100 processing fee we will finalize the visiting fellowship and reserve the agreed-upon dates. At that point we will initiate processing of your visa if required.