Limited Ob Ultrasound
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for the nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or other medical professional who has limited or no formal training in diagnostic ultrasound and wishes to learn the basic concepts of limited ultrasound applications in Obstetrics.
Typical presentations in this program include:
A typical class day runs from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Optional Hands-on Session
An optional instructional hands-on scanning session is held on Saturday morning from 9:00 AM to approximately noon. During the session participants perform transabdominal and transvaginal pelvic scanning on non-pregnant models, and transabdominal limited OB scanning on third-trimester pregnant models. Register early, Hands-on is available on a limited first-come first-served basis.
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:
• describe the basic principles of ultrasound
• recognize and identify normal structures of the female pelvis on ultrasound images
• recognize and identify fetal position and presentation
• distinguish between normal and abnormal ultrasound findings in pelvic and fetal ultrasound
• list and describe the basic fetal measurements
• list and describe the elements of fetal biophysical profile
• Improve patient care through implementation of limited OB ultrasound in their clinical practice
• Assess their current practice in light of the information and discussions in during the course and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvementprocess for their practice of limited OB ultrasound
CME Credits & Tuition
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for physicians.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this live activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1™ credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Below please see the maximum number of credits to be earned for each portion of the program. Please claim only the amount of credit commensurate with your time/involvement in the course.
If you attended... The maximum credits you can earn are...
Entire Course ONLY 13 credits
Entire Course AND Hands-On 16 credits
This activity has also been approved by the ACNM for 12 Contact Hours.
Tuition Fee: $950 plus an additional $300 for the Optional Saturday Hands-On Session
If you must cancel your registration, please notify us immediately. Your registration payment, less an administrative fee of $100, is refundable if written notification is received 10 business days prior to the course. After that time, refunds are not possible, but your payment - less the administrative fee - may be credited to a future course for use within one calendar year. We reserve the right to cancel this course at any time. We will contact you should cancellation be necessary. If you have any questions, please call the Ultrasound Education Office at (215) 955-8533.