Institute of Ultrasound Training (New Delhi, India)
Institute of Ultrasound Training is an affiliate education center of Jefferson Ultrasound Research & Education Institute, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA and an authorized study center of The Global Open University*, State Of Nagaland, India for awarding University Diplomas in Sonography and Echocardiography.
*(The Global Open University is a recognized and legislated university of India established by the Government of Nagaland, India, under The Global Open University Act 2006 (Act 3 of 2006). The University received the assent of the Governor of Nagaland on 30th August 2006 and was notified by the Government vide Notification number Law/Act-10/2006 on 18th September, 2006)
Institute of Ultrasound training is a center solely dedicated to education, training and research in diagnostic ultrasound and color Doppler since 2000. It is also the only center in India having recognition from Indian Medical Association --Academy of Medical Specialties. It is also among the very few centers in India having recognition from Federation of Obstetrical & Gynecological Societies of India.
Within a short span the institute has trained thousands of doctors ranging from professors of medical colleges to fresh graduates from all over the world.
Located in the heart of New Delhi -the capital city of India, the Institute is lodged in a three storey building with residential facilities for trainee doctors, a library, a large auditorium for audiovisual lectures besides the clinical area. Institute has a highly dedicated and experienced faculty who encourage and instigate each student to bring out the best in them. Teaching sessions are conducted in highly cordial and informal atmosphere so that the trainee doctors can clear their doubts without hesitation.
Salient features of all the courses conducted at the institute
- Training by audio visual aids (Computer slides & video CDs/DVDs)
- Detailed lectures on all topics starting from the basic to the advanced.
- Practical demonstration on patients and video presentations of almost all abnormal cases
- Concrete & precise course material
- Daily assignments for better grasping of concepts
- Option of further update by joining the Ultrasound club, through correspondence or through internet
- Certificate issued after successful completion of the courses
- Hands on sessions with patients
- Individual problem solving sessions
All courses lay more emphasis on basics and practically useful applications. No previous knowledge of ultrasound required for the basic ultrasound course. (from the Institute' web site)