Residents are encouraged to attend annual meetings of professional organizations, such as the annual meeting of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and The Association of Academic Physiatry. Travel expenses for these conferences will be defrayed through departmental funding. Additional support will be provided for residents who have presentations accepted for these meetings.
John Melvin, MD, MMSc
Chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
Michael Mallow, MD
Program Director, PM&R Residency
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
25 S. Ninth Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
We participated in the National Residency Match Program and utilize the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Can anatomic level of injury on MRI predict neurological level in acute cervical spinal cord injury?
- Development and validation of a computerized algorithm for International Standards for Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury (ISNCSCI)
- Neurological and functional recovery after thoracic spinal cord injury
- Influence of Age Alone, and Age Combined With Pinprick, on Recovery of Walking Function in Motor Complete, Sensory Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
- Reliability and Validity of S3 Pressure Sensation as an Alternative to Deep Anal Pressure in Neurologic Classification of Persons With Spinal Cord Injury