Resident Publications & Presentations
Schreiber AL, Formal CS. Spinal Cord Infarction Secondary to Cocaine Use: A
Case Report. J Spinal Cord Med 2006;29(3):272.
Miller AE, Davis BA and Beckley OA, "Recurrent bilateral myositis ossificans in an athlete: a case report and discussion of treatment options", Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 Feb;87(2):286-90.
Melvin JL, Heckert KGD. Rehabilitation in University Hospitals. Acta Fisiatrica 12(1):8, 2005.
Sharma S. An Introduction to foreign healthcare. Acad Med 80:409, 2005.
Sharma S. The patient-caregiver cycle. Acad Med 80:606, 2005.
Schreiber AL, Formal CS. Spinal Cord Infarction Secondary to Cocaine Use: A Case Report. 2006 Combined Meetings of The American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA), and The International Spinal Cord Society, (ISCoS). Boston, MA, June 28, 2006.
Craig J. Case Report: Esophageal perforation detected on barium swallow after anterior cervical surgery following traumatic spinal cord injury. Pennsylvania Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Baltimore, MD, April 22, 2006.
Heckert K. Improvement in spasticity with injection of botulinum toxin type B in patients with intracranial hemorrhage: a report of two cases. Pennsylvania Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Baltimore, MD, April 22, 2006.
Schreiber A. Introduction to physical medicine and rehabilitation/neurologic examination of the upper and lower limbs. A.T. Still University of Health Sciences - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Overlook Hospital, Summit, NJ. Invited Student Lecture, January 31, 2006.
Schreiber A, Formal CS. Spinal cord infarction secondary to cocaine use: a case report. Pennsylvania Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, April 22, 2006
Tetlow G. Paraplegia after epidural: a report of two cases. Oral presentation given at the Pennsylvania Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meeting, Baltimore MD, April 22, 2006.
Heckert K. Rehabilitation in University Hospitals. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the International Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sao Paolo, Brazil. April 11, 2005.
Singh S. Boosting in SCI Athletes. Presented at the Pennsylvania Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Annual Meetings, Hershey, PA. June 4, 2005.
John Melvin, MD, MMSc
Chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
Michael Mallow, MD
Program Director, PM&R Residency
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
25 S. Ninth Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
We participate in the National Residency Match Program and utilize the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Strengthening Rehabilitation in Health Systems Worldwide by Integrating Information on Functioning in National Health Information Systems
- Musculoskeletal Effects of 2 Functional Electrical Stimulation Cycling Paradigms Conducted at Different Cadences for People With Spinal Cord Injury: A Pilot Study
- Medical necessity: Is current documentation practice and payment denial limiting access to inpatient rehabilitation?
- Can anatomic level of injury on MRI predict neurological level in acute cervical spinal cord injury?
- Development and validation of a computerized algorithm for International Standards for Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury (ISNCSCI)