The Role of Research
Research is an integral aspect of rehabilitation training. Research is encouraged and supported at Jefferson but is not required for program completion. Within the Jefferson residency, many department members are engaged in clinical and/or basic science research. These physicians are assigned to act as advisors to residents interested in research activity. Dr. Ralph Marino a nationally-recognized expert in physiatric research, serves as the departmental director of research.
Many of our residents present at state and national conferences each year. A list of recent scholarly activity by our PM&R residents can be found here.
John Melvin, MD, MMSc
Chair, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
Ralph Marino, MD
Director, PM&R Residency
Michael Mallow, MD
Associate Program Director
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitaion
25 S. Ninth Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
We participated in the National Residency Match Program and utilize the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Challenging Pain Syndromes
- The international society of physical and rehabilitation medicine: The WAY FORWARD - II
- ISPRM discussion paper: Proposing a conceptual description of health-related rehabilitation services
- Lumbar sympathetic treatment in the management of lower limb pain
- Medical rehabilitation of spinal cord injury following earthquakes in rehabilitation resource-scarce settings: Implications for disaster research