Gerald Isenberg, MD
Colorectal Surgery Fellowship
The Colorectal Surgery Resident has the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of inpatient care regarding evaluation and diagnosis, treatment plan (including preoperative preparation and postoperative management as appropriate), discharge planning, and daily work rounds.
- Appropriate participation in surgical and endoscopic activities of the Division, with progressive responsibility.
- Interview and examination of new outpatients and inpatient consultations with development of a plan for diagnosis and management under supervision.
- Coordination of and participation in weekly teaching rounds.
- Attendance at departmental and interdepartmental conferences, including Morbidity and Mortality (weekly), Cancer Management Conference (weekly), GI Surgery conference (weekly), GI Multidisciplinary Conference (monthly), and GI Surgery Conference (weekly).
- Selection and presentation of journal articles and topic reviews for the weekly Colorectal Surgery Fellows Conference. (Every other week is journal club alternating with a Powerpoint teaching conference according to the schedule provided at the beginning of the program.)