Fellowship in Endourology &
Minimally Invasive Oncology
4th Year Clerkships
The urology group at Jefferson is divided into three services. Generally you will spend one week each on the A service (oncology), B service (endourology) and C service (neurourology and female urology).
Week One - Focus on Oncology (A) Service - You will attend a combination of office hours/ the Bodine clinic and the operating room on this service.
Week Two - Focus on B Service - you will see cases involving endoscopic or laparoscopic techniques.
Week Three - Focus on C Service - specializes in cases involving female urology, neurourology, erectile dysfunction, and infertility.
Interspersed experience with D service – general urology
3rd year Idept Rotation
The urology rotation and service are broken down as shown above, into three one-week services. You will also spend a day at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children where you will be exposed to pediatric urologic surgery and the outpatient clinic, so as not to miss this important sector of urology. You will also spend some time on the D service, exposing you to general, office urology.
You will be given a hand out at your orientation with a detailed schedule including conferences. The lectures to be given during the three weeks by Dr. Frank and Dr. Koppel. They are outlined below:
- Interpretation of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)
- Evaluation of stress and urge urinary incontinence
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)
- Calculus disease
- Urologic emergencies
- Basic pediatric urology
- Bladder cancer
- Renal and testis cancer
- Infertility and sexual dysfunction
For any questions, please e-mail Dolores Byrne
Leonard G. Gomella, MD, FACS
Demetris H. Bagley, MD, FACS
Director of Research and Fellowship Program
Co-director, Fellowship Program
Costas D. Lallas, MD, FACS
Co-director: Laparoscopy and Robotic surgery
1025 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Preoperative nomogram to predict the likelihood of complications after radical nephroureterectomy
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Patients with Suspected Inherited Renal Cell Cancer: Application of the ACMG/NSGC Genetic Referral Guidelines to Patient Cohorts
- Extensor tendinopathy of the elbow assessed with sonoelastography: histologic correlation
- Editorial Comment
- Decipher correlation patterns post prostatectomy: Initial experience from 2 342 prospective patients