Deborah Glassman, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-2066 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Xanthogranulomatous adrenalitis
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy in a patient with previous upper pole partial nephrectomy
- Induction of prostate apoptosis by α1-adrenoceptor antagonists: Mechanistic significance of the quinazoline component
- Concealed umbilical stoma: Long-term evaluation of stomal stenosis
- Complete genitourinary exenteration for multifocal transitional cell carcinoma in renal transplant recipient
New York University - 1995
University of Maryland Medical Systems, General Surgery - 1995-1997
Urology - 1997-2001
Board of Urology Certified - February 2004
Clinical Associate Professor
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Glassman is a urologist whose clinical interests include: general urology, BPH, voiding dysfunction, stones and genitourinary cancers. In addition to her medical degree, Dr. Glassman holds certification in yoga instruction and teaching. She is interested in developing complementary therapies combining these practices in the treatment of urologic diseases such as pelvic floor pain syndromes and voiding dysfunction.
Dr. Glassman’s academic career includes having written several book chapters about laparoscopic treatment of renal and ureteral diseases. She has also done basic science research in the fields of prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia. In addition to concentrating in the field of urologic oncology, Dr. Glassman has studied the potential causes and outcomes of rhabdomyolysis in the urologic setting.
Interests and expertise in: general urology, voiding dysfunction, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and urologic oncology.