Patrick J. Shenot, MD, FACS
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 923-1884 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for the Treatment of Patients with Overactive Bladder and Urinary Incontinence: Results of a Phase 3, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Efficacy and safety of onabotulinumtoxinA therapy are sustained over 4 years of treatment in patients with neurogenic detrusor overactivity: Final results of a long-term extension study
- Botulinum Toxin A: Evolving Treatment Strategies for the Chronic Pelvic Pain Patient
- Ureteroarterial fistula: A review of the literature
- The effects of fatigue on robotic surgical skill training in Urology residents
SUNY at Stony Brook - 1991
General Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - 1993
Urology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - 1997
Neurourology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital - 1999
American Board of Urology - 2000, 2010 (recertification)
Director, Urodynamics Laboratory
Residency Program Director
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Shenot serves as Residency Program Director and Vice Chairman for Academic Affairs of the Department of Urology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. His major clinical interests are in neurourology, voiding dysfunction, and urologic care of spinal cord injured patients.
Dr. Shenot is a member of the American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons, American Spinal Cord Injury Association, American Paraplegia Society, International Continence Society and the Society for Female Urology and Urodynamics.
Dr. Shenot is a principal investigator on many ongoing clinical trials involving genitourinary disorders. He has written numerous book chapters and peer-reviewed publications. His research focuses on the treatment of lower urinary tract dysfunction particularly bladder augmentation and both electrical and pharmacologic neuromodulation.
He has been recognized in Castle Connolly's “ America’s Top Doctors” Best Doctors in America® the Consumers' Research Council of America “Guide to America’s Top Surgeons” as well as Philadelphia Magazine's "Top Doctors" list. He has made over 70 presentations at national and international conferences and has been the recipient of awards for excellence in research from the American Spinal Injury Association.