For more general information about applying to Thomas Jefferson University, visit the Admissions department.
Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows:
TOEFL code = 2903
TOEFL requirement will be waived if you have:
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- At least 60 college credits earned from no more than three (3) U.S. colleges or universities
- U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a nursing or allied health field. (Certain certification may not be sufficient to demonstrate proficiency.)
- Score of 508 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section for the SAT for applicants entering Thomas Jefferson University directly from high school.
- Citizenship from a country where English is an official language (PDF).
Only the TOEFL exam is accepted. The IELTS exam will not fulfill this requirement. Please note the TOEFL scores expire two years after the original test date. The score must be valid on the date of your application. For more information visit TOEFL.