At the Jefferson School of Pharmacy, interprofessional, collaborative learning is our hallmark. Our integrated curriculum was developed to enable students to apply new knowledge and skills as they attain them. From the first weeks in the program students spend time each week in a wide variety of pharmacy practice settings including community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, outpatient clinics and specialized patient care areas. Our goal is to ensure that our graduates are prepared to provide comprehensive and effective pharmacy services to all individual patients as well as to design and implement strategies to improve the overall health of the community.
Pharmacy… The Jefferson Difference
JSP student pharmacists:
- Apply knowledge faster – with real-life patient care simulation, pharmacy and lab environment practice right away, and practical rotations customized to career interests.
- Learn among healthcare students from other disciplines, as well as with healthcare professionals within this academic medical center which includes one of the most prominent healthcare systems in the country.
- Are immersed in a real-world environment – that includes a sterile compounding room, model pharmacy, patient consultation space, clinical skills center and informatics center all located in the state-of-the-art Hamilton Building.
- Network with leading role models and learn from nationally-recognized faculty who are considered thought leaders in the profession, dedicated preceptors who enjoy sharing their experience, and peer students who are accomplished and academically distinguished.
- Participate in the country's largest interprofessional learning program for health care, teaming up with medical, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy and couple and family therapy students to learn directly from patients about what really matters to people living with chronic health conditions.
We invite you to learn more about the Jefferson Difference. If you have other questions, just call 1-877-JEFF-247.