For more general information about applying to Thomas Jefferson University, visit the Admissions department.
English Language Proficiency
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Thomas Jefferson University. We will accept any one of the following items to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Native English speaker from one of these countries (PDF)
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university
- U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field (some certifications may not be sufficient to demonstrate proficiency)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows. Official scores must be sent to JCPH.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with an overall score of 6.5 and individual scores as follows. Official scores must be sent to JCPH.
Do not include the scores in the self-managed application envelope. Request official scores to be sent to:
Admissions & Recruitment Manager
Jefferson College of Population Health
901 Walnut Street, 10th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107