Continuing Pharmacy Education
Jefferson College of Population Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE). We develop and administer state-of-the-art pharmacy education programs to meet the educational needs of practicing pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
The mission of the CPE program of the College of Population Health is to provide high-quality evidence-based educational activities that engage learners in issues related to the evolving changes in therapy and the provision of health care.
Goals for Pharmacists
- Provide evidence-based educational programs for pharmacists to improve practice, and patient and population health outcomes
- Provide programming that engages the learner and stimulates the desire to gain additional knowledge and skills
- Prepare pharmacists for evolving practice roles within the healthcare delivery system
- Deliver programs that address patient safety issues and speak to the societal need to decrease the incidence of medical errors
Goals for Pharmacy Technicians
- Provide evidence-based educational programs for pharmacy technicians to update their knowledge about pharmacy operations, drug products and distribution and therapeutic issues
- Prepare pharmacy technicians for evolving practice roles within the healthcare system
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills to improve the quality of interactions with patients and colleagues
- Provide programming that engages the learner in order to enhance learning and to stimulate the desire to gain additional knowledge and skills
In keeping with our organizational mission as an integrated delivery system that includes an academic medical center and a health sciences university, many programs are interdisciplinary in nature and include collaboration with nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners and other healthcare professionals.
For more information or to inquire about the process to secure accreditation for a program, please contact Melissa Horowitz at (215) 955-9817.