The Population Health Leadership Series (PHLS) offers live educational programs that can be customized to meet the unique needs of healthcare professionals, whether they have clinical or administrative responsibilities.
Through the generous support of Sanofi US, the Jefferson College of Population Health (JCPH) created this series to connect some of the nation’s foremost experts to healthcare professionals across the country. To date, over 110 programs have been delivered for diverse audiences (e.g., board members, clinicians, hospital administrative leaders) for the requesting host organizations.
These programs are geared toward institutions and professional associations seeking to learn more about population health, value-based care and how to improve the quality and safety of healthcare delivery. Content is customized to meet the unique needs of each audience and organization that requests a program. JCPH maintains a catalog of presenters and topics (PDF). PHLS program staff identify appropriate speakers based on the information submitted and facilitate a teleconference meeting between program facilitators and the requesting organization.
Contact PHLS staff for more information: 877-662-PHLS or PHLS@jefferson.edu.
As healthcare expenditures have continued to rise, stakeholders across the healthcare system are searching for ways to improve the quality of care and optimize the use of resources. Population health management does just that. It connects prevention, wellness and behavioral health science with healthcare delivery, quality and safety, disease prevention/management and economic issues of value and risk -- all in the service of a specific population, be it a city, provider's practice, employee group, hospital's primary service area of age group. Integrating a population health perspective requires engaging and educating each participant — patient, payer and provider — so that they can better understand the issues and work together toward implementing meaningful solutions.
- Provide an opportunity for health system leaders to observe and interact with experts who have successfully incorporate population health into their systems
- Introduce the participants to the applied issues, terminology and processes through provide first-hand interaction with national experts in an open forum
- Explore the role of payers (including employers) in collaborating with health systems regarding population health initiatives
About the Presenters
JCPH has recruited an esteemed cadre of experts from around the country with diverse backgrounds and expertise to serve as the presenters for the Population Health Leadership Series. They reside across the nation and have years of first-hand experience.
These experts can help motivate attendees to implement needed change. They are geographically dispersed and understand unique regional challenges and issues. JCPH staff members work with the requesting entity to identify appropriate speakers based on the organization’s specifications. All participating experts are under contract with JCPH, and are specifically prohibited from engaging in any promotional or product-related activities.
All content is subject to the following:
- JCPH is responsible for coordinating, planning and content development with the speaker and host organization
- Content for each program will be based on the learning objectives and for the target audience identified by the host organization in their request
- Content will address specific population health target areas, such as chronic care models/care coordination, health information technology, registries and meaningful use
- Specific products or therapies will not be endorsed or promoted
- One program per organization per year; additional requests will be placed on a waiting list
- Efforts will be made to distribute programs across geographic regions
- Host organization must provide information on attendee demographics and list of sign-in or registration sheet.
- Attendees must complete a post-event evaluation and the host organization must return the evaluations to JCPH in a timely manner.