- Visit SOPHAS, complete the online application, and follow the instructions regarding the submission of documentation.
- Submit the following information and documents to SOPHAS.
- Official transcripts, including international transcripts, for all undergraduate and graduate accredited institutions you have attended. If your courses were completed outside of the United States, you must also submit a course-by-course evaluation from WES.
- Three letters of recommendation. Please be sure that the letters are from at least two different sources (i.e., faculty member, employer, volunteer coordinator/supervisor).
- Personal statement/essay. This should include your personal experiences and how they relate to your goals and expectations for the MPH program.
- GRE scores or other graduate entrance examination, such as GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT.
NOTE: You do not need to submit GRE scores if you have already received a graduate degree or have earned at least 9 credits of graduate coursework with a grade of “B” or higher from an accredited institution.
- If you are submitting GRE (GRE code = 0628) or other scores, an official, original copy should be sent by the examination organization directly to SOPHAS.
- ETS will not issue GRE scores that are more than 5 years old. If scores have expired, you will need to retake the test.
5. TOEFL scores (if applicable) to demonstrate English language proficiency.
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency. JSPH accepts any one of the following to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Native English speaker from one of these countries: click here.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing – 21, Speaking – 23, Reading – 21 and Listening – 22. Send official scores to SOPHAS using code 5688.
6. JSPH Supplemental Information.
- After you have completed the SOPHAS application and obtained a SOPHAS ID number, Jefferson will email you a link to the JSPH supplemental application along with a login ID to access the JSPH application.
- You will need your SOPHAS ID number and the date you completed the SOPHAS application in order to complete the Jefferson application.
- Pay the $25 supplemental application fee with a credit card.
NOTE: Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.