Hojat, M. and LaNoue, M. Exploration and confirmation of the latent variable structure of the Jefferson scale of empathy, Jefferson scale of empathy. International Journal of Medical Education, 5, 73-81
This publication marks the beginning of my interest in evaluating empathy as an indicator of patient-centeredness.
Helitzer, D.L., LaNoue, M., Wilson, B., Warner, T., and Roter, D. A randomized controlled trial of communication training with primary care providers to improve patient-centeredness and health risk communication. Patient Education & Counseling, 82(1), 22-29.
This publication has been cited 24 times for its contributions to the provider training literature, as well as the patient-centered communication literature.
Weinstein, L.C., LaNoue, M., Hurley, K., Sifri, R., and Myers, R. Using concept mapping to explore barriers and facilitators to breast cancer screening in formerly homeless women with serious mental illness. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 26(3), 908-925.
- Frequent emergency department visitors are frequent primary care visitors and report unmet primary care needs
- Reducing Stress Among Mothers in Drug Treatment: A Description of a Mindfulness Based Parenting Intervention
- How Multidimensional Health Locus of Control predicts utilization of emergency and inpatient hospital services
- The Core of Care Management: The Role of Authentic Relationships in Caring for Patients with Frequent Hospitalizations
- Concept mapping as a method to engage patients in clinical quality improvement
- Using concept mapping to explore barriers and facilitators to breast cancer screening in formerly homeless women with serious mental illness
- Confirmatory factor analysis and invariance testing between Blacks and Whites of the Multidimensional Health Locus of Control scale
- Catching up with the HPV vaccine: Challenges and opportunities in primary care
- Exploration and confirmation of the latent variable structure of the Jefferson scale of empathy
- Impact of a patient-centered medical home clerkship curriculum
- Reducing refugee mental health disparities: A community-based intervention to address postmigration stressors with African adults
- Negative affect predicts adults' ratings of the current, but not childhood, impact of adverse childhood events
- A primary care-public health partnership addressing homelessness, serious mental illness, and health disparities
- Health care integration for formerly homeless people with serious mental illness
- Involving parents in a community-based, culturally grounded mental health intervention for american indian youth: Parent perspectives, challenges, and results
- Feasibility, acceptability, and initial findings from a community-based cultural mental health intervention for american indian youth and their families
- Direct and indirect effects of childhood adversity on adult depression
- A randomized controlled trial of communication training with primary care providers to improve patient-centeredness and health risk communication
- Adaptation and implementation of cognitive behavioral intervention for trauma in schools with American Indian youth
- Spiritual direction in addiction treatment: Two clinical trials