Information on a broad spectrum of funding sources that support research projects is provided here, both intramural and extramural. These grant opportunities include ones funded through the Provost’s office (DTSA, Programmatic Initiative Grants), through NIH, DOD, NSF and other federal funding sources, and through foundations including limited submission opportunities that are selected through the Office of Institutional Advancement in collaboration with JCOR. Also provided is a link to Pivot, a searchable grants database, as well as useful links for preparing NIH grant applications.
- Active Opportunities
Federal Funding Sources
Other Federal Funding Sources
Non-Federal Resources, including Foundations, Disease-Specific Associations and Institutionally Limited Funding Opportunities
Jefferson’s Office of Institutional Advancement’s Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) team offers services for Jefferson clinicians, researchers and administrators who seek external funding from non-federal sources including, corporations with philanthropic intent, charitable foundations and associations. CFR staff members are available to work with clinicians, researchers and others to identify funding priorities and potential philanthropic partners as well as to support the development of letters of intent (LOIs) and proposals. CFR team members serve as the point of contact for foundation, association, and corporate partners, and are available to identify funding opportunities.
Active funding opportunities are updated regularly. Please refer to this page to see the most up to date funding notices monthly.
Last updated 02.16.17
Non-Federal Funding Opportunities
Institutionally Limited Funding Opportunities
Some foundations limit the number of applicants per institution. An internal competition will be managed through a subcommittee of Jefferson's Committee on Research (JCoR) to select the Jefferson applicant for each.
- Please DO NOT apply directly — unsolicited applications may disqualify Jefferson from future competitions.
- Limitations vary from foundation to foundation. Please wait for JCoR to release each opportunity announcement for application and funding details and instructions.
OPEN INTERNAL COMPETITION(S) - please contact Dana Marcus in the Office of Institutional Advancement for award and eligibility details and application instructions.
UPCOMING COMPETITIVE NOTICES
Jefferson will host internal competitions for the following funding opportunities in 2017. Keep an eye out in your inbox for the following:
- V Foundation
Below is a list of foundations and associations that host institutionally limited funding opportunities annually and their final deadlines. For more information, please contact Dana Marcus at (215) 955-8286 or Dana.Marcus@jefferson.edu
Notifications generally go out two months in advance.
- Brain Research Foundation - Scientific Innovators (June)
- Pew Scholars for Biomedical Science (July)
- Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research (July)
- W.W. Smith Charitable Trust: Heart Disease, Cancer, and AIDS (July)
- Avon Foundation for Women: Breast Health Outreach Program (August)
- Kinship Foundation: Searle Scholars Program (September)
- The Mary Kay Foundation: Women’s Cancer Research Grant Program (February)
- The V Foundation: Translational Clinical Research and V Scholar Grant Program (February)
- Breast Cancer Alliance: Exceptional Project Grant (April)
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation (opportunities vary)
- Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research: Hematologic Malignancies (opportunities vary)
Last Updated 02.16.17