Thomas Jefferson University

Main menu:

Property Insurance/Claims

Thomas Jefferson University maintains property insurance covering the University and Jefferson University Physicians.  Coverage extends to all real and personal property, and protects against business and service interruption.  Real Property refers to buildings and additions/improvements to buildings located at any Insured Location (listed on the current property schedule).  Personal property refers to other property, such as equipment and inventory, of the University and others' if in the University’s custody (example: leased equipment). 

Reporting a Property Loss

A loss is damage to University/JUP property as a result of an insured peril including, but not limited to fire, flood, escaped liquids (pipes, etc.), wind and vandalism.

Losses are generally reported to Risk Management by the Department of Facilities Services; however, they may be reported by the department/(s) where the loss occurred. It is the department’s responsibility to maintain accurate records and provide Risk Management with this information. A Property Loss Report (found in the Forms section) must be completed and submitted to Risk Management.  Losses are then reported to the University's property carrier.  All losses are reviewed for coverage on a case-by-case basis.  Risk Management works directly with Facilities Services and the affected department/(s) to evaluate the damage and immediately notify the property carrier for appropriate assessment and any applicable reimbursement.

For additional information, contact us at (215) 503-1167.