The Center for Teaching & Learning
The mission of the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) is to promote teaching excellence and effective student learning through the use of advanced education techniques, effective information technologies, and models of best practices in order to foster creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
The Center provides service to all Jefferson faculty, staff, and students, helping each achieve their goals in class and in practice.
- Facilitating access: The CTL serves as a central location for faculty, staff and students to access teaching and learning resources and services at Jefferson.
- Developing and sharing good teaching practices and promoting innovation: CTL offers workshops and lectures on evolving educational theories, new methods of instruction and educational technologies. To help you develop new skills and create engaging learning materials, we have software design studios, presentation practice rooms, and meeting spaces for learning communities.
- Designing your best work: Center services include instructional design, graphics and medical illustration, medical writing, software development, photography and video production.
- Building professional skills: CTL staff will work with you to build the educational experiences you want for your learners, create the presentation that best reflects your ideas, and to write the manuscript that provides broad exposure to your work.
- Helping you to deliver your message: In the classroom, online, at a conference, or in a publication. CTL staff can provide feedback and coaching in professional writing and speaking.