Jefferson Faculty: Select the Right Journal for Your Manuscript With a Journal Title Report
Are you trying to determine what journal is best for your manuscript? Are you unsure of the legitimacy of the journal title you are considering? Would a succinct journal report help you pick the right journal?
The Scott Memorial Library and Center for Teaching and Learning offer a free service to guide your journal selection process. The Journal Title Report will examine journal titles and offer information and recommendations to help you decide where to submit your manuscript.
A sample Journal Title Report will include:
- Information on where the journal is indexed
- Impact Factor data (when available)
- Journal ranking according to Journal Citation Reports subject categories
- A list of the most cited citations for each specific journal
- Any journal title name changes
- Recommendation whether the title is legitimate or predatory
- Publishing history of journal title
- Acceptance rate, publication speed, and journal fees (if available).