Congratulations, Class of 2020!
Formal, virtual video Commencement ceremonies for Jefferson graduates, family and friends are now available, featuring deans presenting graduating students to the president for the formal conferral of degrees and speeches from Thomas Jefferson University leaders.
Commencement Ceremony Videos*:
- Watch Virtual Ceremony 1
- Watch Virtual Ceremony 2
- Watch Virtual Ceremony 3
- Watch Virtual Ceremony 4
- Watch Virtual Ceremony 5
*Unsure of your virtual ceremony? Scroll down for a complete listing of college/school ceremony listings in the Commencement 2020 Virtual Ceremonies below.
Celebrating the Class of 2020
Under extraordinary circumstances, Jefferson graduates look back – and ahead to the future.
Commencement 2020 Virtual Ceremonies
Ceremony 1: Undergraduate (East Falls Campus)
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences (East Falls Campus)
- Humanities and Sciences
- Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce
- School of Business
- School of Design and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Continuing Professional Studies
Ceremony 2: Undergraduate (Center City), Graduate
- Health Professions (Graduate and Center City Undergraduate)
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Graduate)
- School of Continuing Professional Studies (Graduate)
Ceremony 3: Jefferson College of Nursing (Undergraduate & Graduate)
Ceremony 4: Graduate
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- Life Sciences
Ceremony 5: Graduate
- Architecture and the Built Environment (Graduate)
- Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce (Graduate)
- Population Health
Celebrate the Class of 2020 from home! Choose from a selection of printer-friendly signs so you can cover your house in Jefferson pride:
- Celebration Sign: 8.5' x 11' (PDF)
- Celebration Sign: 11' x 17' (PDF)
- Celebration Sign: 24' x 18' (PDF)
And don't forget to share your pictures with us! Tag them with #JeffersonGrad2020
To assure continuity among campuses, all full-time undergraduate students who meet the following grade-point-average (GPA) threshold below shall receive Latin Honors* upon graduation in recognition of their achievement:
- Cum Laude: 3.50 - 3.64
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.65 - 3.79
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.80 or above
SPECIAL NOTICE as of MARCH 2020: To graduate with honors, the student must complete a minimum of 60 credits in a bachelor's degree program or 30 credits in an associate degree program, earn at least 50% of these credits in graded courses (non-Pass/Fail), and achieve a cumulative grade point average as listed above. The GPA is calculated on grades earned in Jefferson courses only. Transfer courses are not included.
Honors are based on the cumulative GPA from Fall for undergraduate students completing their degree in May and August of the following year. Honors reflected on students’ transcripts and diplomas will be based on the actual cumulative GPA at the time of degree completion.
*Only undergraduate students are eligible for Latin Honors.