BS in Health Services Management
The Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management prepares individuals for in demand entry-level management positions in today’s complex and evolving healthcare system. Develop knowledge and skills in topics such as health systems and policy, healthcare law and ethics, healthcare finance, public health and epidemiology, quality measurement and outcomes analysis, and strategic planning in health services management. Obtain the management and leadership skills needed to make a difference in a number of healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, government agencies and more.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management degree, you must complete 120 credits. Specific course requirements are listed below. Remaining credits are satisfied with elective courses.
Courses required to fulfill General Education requirements are offered in a traditional 15-week semester and accelerated sessions. Foundation and Major courses are accelerated. Classes meet two evenings per week for seven weeks. The accelerated college year consists of six seven-week sessions. Students may begin or enter the Program at any one of the six accelerated sessions.
All courses are three (3) credits. Tracks require one course, unless otherwise noted.
- ENGL 101 English Composition
- ENGL (higher than 101)
- Science elective
- MATH 350 or STAT 311 Statistics
- COMM 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHIL 301 Healthcare Ethics
- Social Science Elective
- CSSE 101 Learning Across the Lifespan
- CPS 210 Financial Conc. for Nonfinancial Leaders
- ECON 331 Economic Decision Making
- CLC 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLC 320 Creativity in the Digital Age
- CLC 330 Project Management
- CLC 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLC 350 Creative Leadership
- HSM 301 Health Systems and Policy
- HSM 303 Healthcare Law
- HSM 311 Health Informatics
- HSM 350 Principles of Public Health & Epidemiology
- HSM 351 Strategic Planning & Marketing for HSOs
- HSM 412 Compliance, Quality, and Outcomes Analysis
- HSM 407 Financial Managment of HSOs
- HSM 499 Capstone Seminar in Health Services Management
Total Credits: 120
Courses in this program are only at the Jefferson - Center City Campus.