Philadelphia Trauma Training Conference
We are planning for the 4th Annual Philadelphia Trauma Training Conference: Supporting Adaptation, Transformation, and Health in the Wake of Trauma for summer 2021.
This will be a virtual conference with tentative dates of July 16-17.
Please bookmark and follow this space for updates.
The conference planning committee is requesting submissions for 90-minute workshop sessions, and 3-hour intensive workshops.
Priority will be granted to proposals that focus on the following themes:
- Engaging with clients, students, and communities through virtual means (i.e., telehealth/ tele-mental health; remote and/or distance teaching/learning);
- Programs prioritizing healing from racial trauma, anti-racism, and/or healing-centered practice and engagement;
- Programs that promote community, workforce or organizational wellness and sustainability;
- Crisis intervention or disaster preparedness; and
- Programs that demonstrate cross-sector and community partnerships
The conference aims to enhance competencies in interprofessional practice. Sessions that have an interprofessional focus are strongly encouraged. Presenters will be asked to identify if their proposal best fits programming for (1) providers/educators seeking advanced trauma competencies and knowledge, (2) participants seeking foundational trauma training, or (3) community and family members.