Jefferson Trauma Education Network
The Jefferson Trauma Education Network (J-TEN) serves as a trauma training hub and resource repository, drawing on the expertise of Jefferson’s Community and Trauma Counseling program, along with regional and national partners. J-TEN supports a network of trauma-informed providers and communities, with the goal of improving outcomes in the Philadelphia region and beyond. With grant support from Scattergood, J-TEN offers monthly trainings and workshops to professionals, paraprofessionals and students across disciplines and sectors, community members, parents, caregivers, and leaders.
- Engage with communities and families to foster health and resilience.
- Grow interprofessional skills and competencies across sectors and among clients, patients and community members
- Offer resources for providers, families, communities and leaders.
- Reduce barriers and support equitable access to services.
- Bridge classrooms and care centers.
- Provide skills and knowledge to foster trauma responsive care.
- Fill gaps in research and evaluation.
- Advocate for trauma-informed and prevention-focused policies and practices supported by science.
- Educate and train providers to address the social determinants of health.
- Contribute to vibrant, healthy and sustainable communities and workforces