Increasing Job Opportunities
A Medical Laboratory Sciences & Biotechnology degree is sure to give you ever-expanding career options as you move forward. The demand for laboratory experts is expected to grow by 40% over the next 10 years, due in part to continued advances in biotechnology. Clinical diagnostics positions are expected to grow at the same rate, with numerous upper-level technical and supervisory positions becoming available as the laboratory workforce shifts.
The skills of the trained laboratory scientist are valuable in a variety of settings:
- Hospitals, clinics, and laboratories in the academic, corporate, government, forensic, veterinary, environmental, research, and public health sectors.
- Outside the laboratory, in education or sales and marketing in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical equipment industries.
- Advanced education in medicine, veterinary science, the basic sciences. or health systems.
Student Resources & Alumni Success
Recent graduates have been recruited by labs from all over the country. Over the past five years, our graduates have earned a 93% pass rate on the National Cytotechnology Board Exams.
Thomas Jefferson University graduates are in demand at laboratories across the country. Our Medical Laboratory Sciences & Biotechnology students often receive many different job opportunities due to resources such as our:
- Career Development Center, which offers resume review, mock interviews, career assessments, and other support.
- Biannual on-campus interprofessional job fairs, which provide access to about 100 employers from the Philadelphia region and beyond.
- Networking opportunities with alumni and employers, including panel discussions and other special events throughout the year.