Name: Physician Assistant Program Expand/Collapse Contact Info
Department: Jefferson - New Jersey Campus
Jefferson at Voorhees
443 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Program Highlights - New Jersey
Why Choose Jefferson Physician Assistant?
- Our PANCE pass rate averaged 96% for the last five years.
- Our job placement has been excellent for the past several years based on post-graduate surveys.
- Founding members of the PA faculty have been nationally recognized with awards such as the PAragon Award for Outstanding Physician Assistants by the AAPA and the Education of the Year by PAEA.
- The University and main campus is located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. This location is an intersection for the natural beauty of Fairmont Park and the bustling metropolitan life offered by Center City.
- The Philadelphia metropolitan area offers a wide variety of medical opportunities and experiences, from free clinics to major university hospitals.
- The New Jersey Campus is located in Voorhees, New Jersey. It provides a dynamic adult learning environment. Jefferson at Voorhees includes a 60-seat classroom, a large conference room, a brand new physical diagnosis/clinical skills lab with medical simulators, a 12 station full-dissection cadaver lab, administrative offices, break out and study spaces for the PA students and faculty.
- We have long-standing relationships with many local physician offices and clinics, major teaching hospitals and community hospitals in the Philadelphia region.
- Students have the opportunity to rotate in a rural Mississippi hospital and various sites in Maryland to gain a different type of clinical experience.
- Students have participated in medical mission trips to Central America through the Jefferson Global Medical Brigade.
- Our students are often involved with philanthropic pursuits with local and national charities.
- The Jefferson PA Program, East Falls Campus and New Jersey Campus, strives to create excellent clinicians as well as excellent human beings.
- Strong scientific foundation courses support the clinically oriented coursework.
- Students have clinical experiences integrated into the didactic year by performing histories and physicals at local hospitals and completing emergency room shifts in local emergency departments.
- In addition to the prescribed rotations of Primary Care, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, we offer an Elective rotation for students to explore another area of medicine that they might be interested in pursuing.
- Our faculty to student ratio is approximately 15:1 on the East Falls Campus and the New Jersey Campus which allows for individualized attention for each student.
- All faculty are still clinically practicing in areas such as family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, orthopedics, surgery, women's health, and cardiology.
- Faculty strive to maintain an open door policy for students to seek out additional information, to offer help with difficult concepts, or help to support students through the stresses of PA education.
- Students have access to a full-dissection cadaver lab for Advanced Anatomy at their respective campus location.
- The Program has three medical simulators that students can use as learning models.