Kent Bottles, MD
Kent Bottles, MD
Research & Practice Interests
MD, Case Western Reserve University
BA, University of California at Berkeley
- Pitfalls in cytology of the breast.
- Cytologic features of villous adenoma of the ampullary region
- Serum concentrations of estradiol, progesterone, and levonorgestrel are not determinants of endometrial histology or abnormal bleeding in long-term Norplant® implant users
- Intraoperative autologous blood collection and autotransfusion in the surgical management of early cancers of the uterine cervix
- Brush cytology of the extrahepatic biliary tract: Comparison of cytologic features of adenocarcinoma and benign biliary strictures
U.S. Healthcare Organization & Delivery
Dr. Kent Bottles teaches health policy and payment reform at the Thomas Jefferson University College of Population Health in Philadelphia. He is Chief Medical Officer of PYA Analytics and a Consulting Principal at Pershing Yoakley and Associates. He has been a professor and chair of academic medical school pathology departments; Chief Medical Officer of a state-wide integrated delivery system; President, CEO and DIO of an educational and research collaborative in Grand Rapids, Michigan; President and CEO of an evidence-based medicine healthcare consortium in Minneapolis; and President and Chief Knowledge Officer of a genomics bio-tech start-up company in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Dr. Bottles has received the following awards and honors: Phi Beta Kappa; The Rodney T. West Literary Achievement Award for the most important article on medical management in 2001 from the American College of Physician Executives; the Resident Teacher of the Year Award from the University of Iowa Department of Pathology; the UC San Francisco Class of 1991 Certificate of Distinction in Teaching for a Major Contribution; the UC San Francisco Class of 1990 Certificate of Distinction in Teaching for a Stimulating Lecture Series; and the Henry J. Kaiser Award for Excellence in Teaching at UC San Francisco for Basic Science.