Population Health Intelligence®
Population Health Intelligence® (PHI) is a term we coined to describe a new discipline, the role of which is to collect, organize, harmonize, analyze, disseminate and act upon the data available to clinicians, health system leaders, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, and healthcare payers.
Our Population Health Intelligence® program is a HIMSS Approved Education Partner (AEP). AEP provides focused education to current and future health information and technology professionals with HIMSS-approved review courses and training programs, including preparation for CAHIMS and CPHIMS certifications.
Program Options & Tracks
Our PHI program has two degree options: a graduate certificate and a master’s degree. All coursework is 100% online and uses an accelerated term format specifically designed for working professionals. This enables students to focus on building one set of skills at a time, but still graduate at the same pace as traditional graduate degree programs.
The Graduate Certificate focuses on the foundations of PHI. This option contains five online courses and can be completed in one year.
The Master’s of Science (MS) builds upon the foundation concepts presented in the Graduate Certificate and focuses on the advanced application of data analytics, data governance, and policy concepts necessary for population health improvement. This option contains 10 online courses and a capstone project, which is specifically designed to enhance the student’s career trajectory. This option can be completed in two years.
The PHI program is designed for professionals with at least two years of experience in any sector of the healthcare or public health systems, including:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other integrated delivery systems
- Large, multi-site healthcare delivery organizations
- Health insurance plans or third-party administrators
- Health information exchanges
- Population health management companies
- Public/government entities engaged in healthcare or public health oversight
- Public health surveillance agencies
- Hospital associations and other professional or trade associations
- Pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology industries
- Healthcare management consulting firms
- Healthcare-focused technology companies
- 100% online with no synchronous learning requirement
- Globally focused curriculum designed by and for PHI professionals
- Accelerated seven-week term format tailored to working professional
- Courses taught by expert practitioner faculty who bring their extensive real-world experience to the classroom
- Complete a graduate certificate in one year or a master’s degree in two years by taking just one course at a time
In order to make the transition to a healthcare system that rewards outcomes rather than volume, clinicians and other healthcare leaders must learn how to do more with the health data they have and be able to incorporate other disparate, but relevant, sources of information. True population health improvement will be driven by insights derived and distilled from these vast amounts of heterogeneous and distinct data that are no longer limited to the physician office or hospital medical record system.