How to Apply
Thank you for choosing Jefferson. We look forward to receiving your application. Below are instructions on how to submit your application, a description of the review process, and important due dates.
We are here to help you through every step of the process. Please let us know how we can help.
Pre-Fall Application Deadline: April 1
Fall Application Deadline: July 1
Spring Application Deadline: November 1
Summer Application Deadline: February 15
Jefferson employees are part of our Jeff LPHT pathway and can take classes as either part-time or full-time students.
Submit the following via SOPHAS Express:
- Online application.
- Personal statement/essay of 300-500 words describing your interest in the MPH program. Including your personal experiences and how they relate to your goals and expectations for the program.
- Letter of Recommendation JeffLPHT applicants should identify an individual who can speak to their ability to succeed in the Public Health Program. This letter can be from a faculty member, employer, volunteer coordinator or supervisor.
- CV or Resume
- Click "submit" and pay the fee.
Submit the following documents to
Jefferson College of Population Health, Admissions and Recruitment Manager, 901 Walnut Street, 10th Floor, Philadelphia PA 19107 or via email to April Smith.
- Official transcript(s) for all undergraduate and graduate accredited institutions you have attended even if the courses were transferred to another program. If your courses were completed outside the United States, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency (if applicable): all international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to JCPH. JCPH accepts any of the following to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Native English speaker from one of these countries (PDF).
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution.
- U.S. national or state licensure or certification in a medical, nursing or allied health field.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing – 21, Speaking – 23, Reading – 21 and Listening – 22.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are valid for two years with an overall score of 6.5 and individual scores as follows: Listening – 6.5, Reading – 7, Writing – 6 and Speaking – 7.
NOTE: Jefferson communicates with applicants via email, so please provide a valid email address and adjust your email to allow mail from Jefferson.edu.
Application Review Process
JCPH accepts applications on a continuing basis. You may apply at any time throughout the year, but it is best to submit your completed application as early as possible, especially if you wish to be considered for a merit-based scholarship.
Applications are reviewed once the complete application—online application and supporting documentation—is received. You can expect to receive a response within three to four weeks after your completed application has been verified by SOPHAS Express.