The Jefferson College of Population Health's initiative, the Jeff LPHT Pathway, offers Jefferson employees from across the Enterprise the opportunity to earn a Master of Public Health (MPH) through part-time study. The Jeff LPHT Pathway trains students to be leaders, organizers, and stellar members of a research team. To earn an MPH degree on the Jeff LPHT Pathway, students must complete 45 credit hours, a Capstone Project, and a supervised internship. The Jeff LPHT Pathway is designed for working professionals as core courses and electives are offered in the evening.
LPHT students are trained to be Leaders in Public Health Transformation and they graduate ready to make a difference.
Jefferson's MPH is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
We feel strongly that training members of the Jefferson Community will improve our ability as an Enterprise to make a difference in our region and across the globe. Qualified employees will be able to use Jefferson's tuition benefit plus receive a 15% tuition discount on MPH coursework. Each applicant should reach out to human resources to discuss the tuition benefit policy and any tax implications.
We are proud of our MPH program and our graduates, and we believe offering this training to members of the Jefferson team will serve to strengthen the human capital of the Enterprise.
Prospective students on the Jeff LPHT Pathway must:
- Be an employee in good standing
- Submit two recommendation letters that speak to their ability to suceed in the program
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Have a strong academic record
Prospective students who meet admissions criteria will be interviewed. The GRE will be waived for students with demonstrated quantitative skills reflected on their undergraduate transcripts and for students who have completed a graduate program at an accredited institution. Applicants may request a waiver of the GRE requirement. Please review GRE Waiver Guidelines and application form.
Students on the Jeff LPHT Pathway will receive:
- A 15% tuition discount on MPH coursework
- Intensive faculty support on how to use their public health skills in their current positions and any future roles
- Online admission to the Population Health Colloquium, a large national meeting hosted by the College and held each year in Philadelphia