Accelerate your professional development by participating in the Jefferson Magee Rehabilitation Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency Program. Join our neurologic team to work in a stimulating environment as you gain advanced knowledge and skills in neurologic physical therapy.
Applications are accepted throughout the year
DECEMBER 31: Applications DUE
FEBRUARY-MARCH: Interview Process
MARCH-APRIL: Applicants are notified of acceptance
JUNE: Programs begins with online curriculum
SEPTEMBER: On-site Orientation
- 15-month program (to be completed in a maximum of 18 months).
- Residency activities include include 1:1 mentorship in the clinic, didactic educational experiences, and observation in specialty areas of neurological physical therapy and neurologic medicine.
- Exposure to the entire continuum of neurologic patient care including neuro intensive care units, acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, day hospital, and outpatient services.
- Exposure to specialized areas including: complex respiratory care, assistive technology, seating and wheeled mobility, manual and robotic locomotor training
- Mentorship from specialized therapists with diverse backgrounds and experience in neurologic physical therapy.
- Opportunity to be employed by Thomas Jefferson University Hospital or Magee Rehabilitation Hospital on a part-time basis with a benefit package consistent with hours worked.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no research requirements, but residents may have an opportunity to participate in ongoing projects.
The curriculum is based on the web based Neurologic Physical Therapy Professional Education Consortium. This is supplemented with onsite course work.
Yes, residents will have more than one mentor to facilitate and develop their clinical knowledge and skills.
Each applicant will be interviewed at the time of application to the residency program with the opportunity to be employed at Jefferson University Hospital or Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. Residents may be assigned to either location for employment but will have residency experiences at both locations.