- Center City Campus
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- On Campus
Call to Actions
Name: Deborah Richards, MS Expand/Collapse Contact Info
Position: Residency Coordinator, Internal Medicine Residency Program
Organization: Department of Medicine
Women in Medicine
IM with HER was created in 2018 by female internal medicine residents at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. The mission of IM with Her is to promote the professional advancement of female internal medicine residents at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital through mentorship, sponsorship, allyship, and scholarship. It is a multidisciplinary group of faculty and residents within the Department of Internal Medicine who meet for a variety of recurring events to deliver this goal. Some of which include the following:
- Monday Mentors: Monthly one-hour conferences that pair a resident with a faculty member to host a discussion related to adversity and disparity faced by female physicians.
- Formal evening events: Previous topics have included salary and contract negotiation
- Gender Disparity Research
- Collection and distribution of relevant resources to residents: Previous examples include providing information on breastfeeding resources and maternity leave.