Jeff Alumni Chats
Connecting Third-Year SKMC Students with Alumni!
Make key connections with alumni in the specialties and hospitals where you’re interested in interviewing next year! The Jeff Alumni Chats Program is designed to help you prepare for residency interviews and link students with alumni nationwide in a growing network of volunteers.
What a great way to get a head start and gain insight into the programs you are most interested in!
How does the program work?
- Alumni and current SKMC students who sign up for the program are matched for one-on-one, informal conversations that take place either in person over coffee, tea, or snacks; on the phone; or through a virtual platform (e.g., FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- The two will connect and must have their first chat in within the first month of being matched, with both participants having the option to conclude their conversation after the first meeting or continue to meet for additional chats.
- Up to 3 chats may be held from January-March.
- Conversations may revolve around any topics related to residency and careers, which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Specialty choice
- Residency advice
- Work-life balance
- Medical school advice
- The Alumni Relations Office will follow up with participants to request their feedback and help refine this program for future participants.
Space in the Winter 2022 program pilot is limited. Sign up today to reserve your spot!