Jeff Alumni Chats
Connecting First- and Second-Year SKMC Students with Alumni!
After receiving feedback from students requesting to grow their networks, the SKMC Alumni Association invites alumni and current first- and second-year medical students to participate in the pilot of Jeff Alumni Chats in the fall of 2021!
How does the program work?
- Alumni and current SKMC students who sign up for the program are matched for one-on-one, informal conversations that take place either in person over coffee, tea, or snacks; on the phone; or through a virtual platform (e.g., FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, etc.).
- The two will connect and must have their first chat in November 2021, with both participants having the option to conclude their conversation after the first meeting or continue to meet for additional chats.
- Up to 3 chats may be held from November–January.
- Conversations may revolve around any topics related to medical education and careers, which may include but are not limited to the following:
- Specialty choice
- Residency advice
- Work-life balance
- Medical school advice
- Students will first receive their match and be expected to set up a meeting with the alumnus/a during the month of November.
- The Alumni Relations Office will follow up with participants to request their feedback on the pilot of this new program and help refine it for future participants.
Space in the Fall 2021 program pilot is limited. Sign up today to reserve your spot!