Class Agent Program
The objective of the Class Agents Program is to create a pipeline for major donors by engaging the alumni community through class liaisons and peers, in conjunction with Alumni Relations programming and reunions, to enhance alumni engagement, participation, and overall annual support of the Jefferson Fund.
Alumni classes are welcome to recruit more than one Class Agent in order to share responsibilities and provide volunteers with the opportunity to participate in a variety of meaningful ways. Class Agents can assist each other by supporting:
- Solicitation Signatory
- Personal Outreach
- Data Integrity
- Class Engagement
Overview of Volunteer Responsibilities
- Make an annual gift
The Class Agent should lead by example and make their annual gift early in the fiscal year.
- Solicit classmates for annual support
As donors, Class Agents can make a stronger case to potential donors by demonstrating their own personal reasons to give.
- Engage and educate classmates through non-solicitation communications
Class Agents are responsible for the general engagement of classmates by sharing information and updates from Jefferson, soliciting updates from classmates to share in the Bulletin or in providing a class-specific communication.
- Recruit new volunteers
Support the Jefferson Fund and Alumni Relations staff identifying candidates to participate in a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Personalize Solicitation Materials
Class Agents edit and customize of solicitation materials to maximize the effectiveness and reach for each class. With direction from staff, the Agent should be willing to make a select number of personal solicitation emails and/or phone calls, and in addition, thank our most loyal donors in their class or affinity.
- Support data integrity
Class Agents are responsible for annually reviewing with classmate contact information, acquire contact updates from those classmates with missing or invalid home or email addresses.
Term of Service
Class Agents serve in two-year terms, with the option to renew. To ensure alumni volunteer roles are fulfilling and meaningful, the opportunity to provide feedback and adjust the role to fit the needs and interests Class Agents have bi-annually.
Depending on the volunteer’s availability and level of responsibility, the time commitment will vary throughout the year. Class Agents are asked to dedicate 1-2 hours per week in December and June when fundraising efforts are most vital.
Support & Resources
Becoming a Class Agent is an important and meaningful way to engage your classmates and to feel connected to the Jefferson committee as an alumnus/a. The Jefferson Fund team provides Class Agents with the appropriate resources and tools to ensure they are successful in their role. Resources and tools provided include:
- Supportive onboarding for the volunteer program.
- Sample language for solicitation and stewardship emails and talking points.
- Up-to-date information each quarter regarding:
- Engagement Updates: TJU e-newsletters, Alumni e-newsletter, upcoming alumni events, links to Jefferson news and articles from campus.
- Philanthropy Updates: class-specific giving progress reports and Jefferson giving reports to ensure Class Agents are educated on the philanthropic needs and impact to relay to classmates.
- Class Agent-Specific Updates: review of Institutional Advancement and Class Agent Program progress since the previous quarter and what to expect in the next.
Contact Julia Gelman-Sheehan of the Jefferson Fund at Julia.Gelman-Sheehan@jefferson.edu or 215-955-0977.