Make key connections with alumni in the regions, specialties, and at the hospitals where you’re interviewing! The Alumni Host Program is designed to help ease the stress of residency interviews and link students with alumni nationwide in a growing network of volunteers.
With interviews all taking place virtually this year, you can gain insight from alumni and get a feel for what life may be like in their regions, hospitals, and specialties. You can also get some helpful feedback on your practice interviews.
How do students participate?
Taking part in the Alumni Host Program is easy! Follow the steps below:
- Review our Student Host Program Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the program and how it works.
- As soon as you know one or more of your interview dates, fill out and submit the Host Program Student Request Form. The Office of Alumni Relations will work quickly to try to match you with an alumni host. If you are submitting a request for multiple interviews, in the “Comments” section make sure to tell us which interview should be our top priority for finding you a host.
- If you are matched with an alumni host, promptly contact them to coordinate and schedule a virtual meeting by phone call or video chat (e.g., Zoom, Facetime, Skype, etc.). Please keep them updated if anything comes up that may delay your conversation.
- During your virtual meeting with your host, be gracious and respectful. Get to know your host, ask them questions about the region, hospital, or specialty they practice in, share your experiences, and most importantly enjoy your chat.
- Once your virtual visit is complete, follow up with a thank you note to your host. Please also let the Alumni Office (email@example.com) know the session has been completed and share any feedback so we can continue to improve. You are welcome and encouraged to stay in touch with your alumni host and keep them posted on where you end up!
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-955-7750.