4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
For all other inquiries call
Fire Safety Information
Jefferson Employees and Students must follow the Code Red Procedures when the fire alarm activates in the building.
1) Follow R.A.C.E.
R: Rescue anyone who from immediate danger.
A: Alarm by pulling the closest fire alarm pull station, Call x811/77, and all off site locations call 911.
C: Confine the fire and smoke by closing doors
E: Evacuate away from smoke and heat
Extinguish the fire using a fire extinguisher if life safety is threatened, the fire is small, and you have a clear path to esacpe.
2) If you have to use a Fire Extinguisher, follow PASS
- Pull the pin
- Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the handle of the fire extinguisher
- Sweep side-to-side with the nozzle until the fires is out or the extinguisher stops
3) Fire Safety Tips:
- No Smoking on any Jefferson Campus!
- Do Not tamper with any smoke detectors or Sprinkler Heads
- Keep combustibles away from heat sources and don't overload electrical outlets, extension cords, and power strips
- Know where your exits and stair towers are in your building
- The majority of Jefferson Buildings are fully sprinkled, and all have addressable fire alarms that are monitored 24 hours a day
If you have any questions or concerns, call EH&S at 215-503-6260.
For more on Roles & Responsibilities, Code Red, Fire Alarms and Fire Drills, Fire Protection Systems and more, visit our Life Safety section.