East Falls Campus
Gutman Library - 102
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Student & Alumni Spotlight
Michele Chai, Class of 2017
- Volleyball teammates that became family.
- Honors Spring Break trip.
- Broad Street Run, exploring Philadelphia.
Chantal King, Class of 2017
- Volunteering with Global Medical Brigades - Ghana May 2014
- Working in the Honors office and going on the Alternative Spring Break trip to NYC - Spring 2015
- Being a leader in Cornerstone, the Christian Ministry on Campus- 2013-2016
Maya Philips, Class of 2017
Mount Holly, NJ
- Making lifelong friendships with people of all majors and fields.
- Honors giving us the opportunity to get out of the classroom to learn and enjoy a movie at the same time!
- Honors service trip to NYC, staying in a hostel and making others happy.
Shane McFoy, Class of 2017
Kennett Square, PA
- Working as a Coastal Conservation Intern at The Wetlands Institute my sophomore year performing research on shorebirds, horeshore crabs and diamond back terrapins.
- Presenting my research at different conferences including the Student Conference on Conservation Science at the Museum of Natural History in New York.
- Starting the university radio station.
Daniela Rosen, Class of 2017
- Creating an after-school science program for a local elementary school
- Being a founding member of PhilaU Hillel
- Studying abroad in Madrid
Kevin King, Class of 2018
“I was attracted to the Honors Institute as a way to further enhance my general education curriculum. I wanted to dive deeper into issues and topics of interest to me outside of architecture, and I used honors as a way to do that.”
“Being a part of the Honors Institute and on the executive board of the Honors Student Association for two years jump-started my desire to be active and engaged in campus activities and student life. I have been able to leverage the honors curriculum to explore curricular and co-curricular options which have helped me grow personally and professionally, including involvement in community service and leadership activities as well as other professional honor societies.”