Office of Student Engagement

Tips & Reminders

Don't forget the following as you begin your year at Thomas Jefferson University:

Add Money to Your Campus Card

With CampusCard, students and guests are allowed to put money onto a Jefferson ID. Monies can be used to pay for extra paper for campus printers, snacks from vending machines, food at campus dining locations, and purchasing SEPTA Tokens and movie passes from the Kanbar Information Desk.

Changing Status

Commuter Students who are interested in changing their status from Commuter to Resident should contact the Office of Residence Life.

Guidelines, Laws, & Policies

Jefferson has limited jurisdiction for responding to off-campus disturbances by its students, but may hold students accountable under its Community Standards policies in the Student Handbook. Off-Campus students should review and understand guidelines, laws, and polices relating to living off-campus. These are only suggestions and may not include all available materials regarding housing, tenants, and/or landlords.

Meal Plans

Aside from adding money to your campus card, you may be interested in purchasing a Jefferson Meal Plan. All Jefferson students including graduate and commuter students are eligible. Visit our Dining Services site for more.


If you are driving your own vehicle to campus, you must obtain a Parking Permit. Parking Permits are distributed by the Office of Safety and Security on the Ravenhill Campus. A campus map of approved Commuter Student parking will also be given to you. Please abide by the parking regulations outlined in the brochure that can be found on our Parking at Jefferson site.

Jefferson Campus ID

Your campus card can be used to buy meals, make photocopies, and purchase supplies and books. It also serves as your University photo ID, library card, and campus activity card. Make sure you get yours at the Kanbar Campus Center Information Desk.