Internationals at Jefferson

Emergency Information

Lost, Stolen or Damaged Documents

Contact the OIA immediately if anything should happen to your documents.

I have a problem with... What should I do?
Passport Contact your embassy or consulate in the U.S. to apply for a new passport (it may take several months).  Once you receive your new passport, please bring it to the OIA for your file. 
DS-2019 or I-20 Contact OIA to obtain a new DS-2019 or I-20 Form.
I-94 Number If the information on your I-94 record is incorrect or if you cannot find your I-94 record on the CBP site, you must go to your nearest CBP Deferred Inspection Site and request a correction.
I-94 was lost before I checked in with OIA Since OIA will not have copies of your I-94 card, you will need to fill-out and send an I-102 form to USCIS.  If you need assistance with your documents or need copies of your passport, please contact OIA.
You only need a visa in order to enter the U.S. If your visa becomes damaged or is lost or stolen with your passport while you are in the U.S., you do not need to replace it, UNTIL the next time you travel out of the U.S. with the intention to return in the same status. While you are abroad, you must apply for a new visa at a U.S. Consulate before you will be allowed to reenter the country in your previous visa status.
Applying in a Country Where You Are Not a Citizen If you would like to apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate in a country that is not your country of citizenship, you should find out the specific visa application requirements. You should also contact that consulate, inform them of your country of citizenship, and ask (1) if they will accept and consider your application, and (2) approximately how long it will take for the visa to be issued, if approved.
Applying in Canada, Mexico or the Adjacent Islands Any nonimmigrant who applies for a visa stamp at a U.S. embassy or consulate while in Canada, Mexico or (for those in F or J status) the adjacent islands, will not be allowed to take advantage of Automatic Visa Revalidation to return to the U.S. If the visa is denied, the nonimmigrant will be required to travel elsewhere (most likely the home country) to apply for the U.S. visa stamp before returning to the U.S.
  Check U.S. Embassy and Consulate in the country you will apply for your visa renewal.