Employers Guide to Jefferson Design Expo
Thursday, March 26, 2020
11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Jefferson - East Falls Campus
Gallagher Athletic Center
4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144
If you're interested in hiring design students for internships or full-time jobs in one efficient day, Design Expo is the event for you!
Design Expo will be held Thursday, March 26, 2020 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Jefferson - East Falls Campus in Gallagher Athletic Center located at 4201 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144
Preview up to 300 design students' portfolios online prior to the event, then pre-select your top 10 to 20 students for scheduled back-to-back interviews. There will also be a one hour Open Networking.
All details about the event are included below. If you still have questions after reading through the details below, contact Ainsley Maloney, Associate Director of Industry Relations, at 215-951-2932.
- 9:30 a.m. - Employer Check-In & Breakfast
- 11:00 a.m.-12:20 p.m. - 4 interview slots
- 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. - Open Networking
(students are welcome to approach your table)
- 1:30 - 2:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 2:20 p.m. - 4:40 p.m. - 6 interview slots
- Alumni: RSVP to the Alumni Networking Reception from 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. in the Gallagher Athletic Center Hospitality Suite!
What to bring: Each company will have a linen provided to cover their table. This is an interview event, so we suggest bringing minimal marketing handouts or an iPad, but no large promotional stands. If you select during registration that you would like a Mac, one will be provided to you. A light breakfast and lunch will be served!
The cost includes one table (a six-foot table with seating), free parking, a light breakfast, and lunch for up to 3 representatives. There is a limit of 3 representatives per table. If you'd like to register for a second table, you may do so at the additional cost.
$60 - Early registration discount per company/table - Discount Ends Jan. 31, 2020
$100 - Regular cost per company/table from Feb. 1 to the March 6, 2020
Nonprofit and government organizations will be charged a flat fee of $50 per company/table
Register on Handshake. The deadline to register is March 6, 2020 to allow enough time to review portfolios and select students to interview.
Undergraduate and master’s students from these majors will be attending--click the links to learn more about each program. Only currently enrolled students are eligible to interview during this event.
- Animation & Digital Media, B.S.
- Architecture, BArch, MArch, M.S.
- Fashion Design, B.S., M.S.
- Geospatial Technology for Geodesign, M.S.
- Graphic Design, B.S.
- Industrial/Product Design, B.S., M.S.
- Interior Architecture, M.S.
- Interior Design, B.S.
- Landscape Architecture, B.L.A.
- Surface Imaging, M.S.
- Sustainable Design, M.S.
- Textile Design B.S., M.S.
- Textile Product Science, B.S.
- User Experience & Interaction Design, M.S.
Your company can select 1 Interview Schedule to meet with 10 students total. Or if you decide to bring 2 representatives to interview different students, you can select 2 Interview Schedules so that your company can interview 20 students total (all within the same 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. time-frame, at the same table, at no additional cost).
Selecting 2 Interview Schedules allows you to bring two hiring managers from different departments to maximize your company's visit. For instance, your company can have one hiring manager interview 10 Graphic Design majors and another interview 10 Architecture majors -- all in the same day, at the same table, at no additional cost. That's 20 students in 1 day!
There is a limit of 3 representatives per company - the third rep can be a "floater" and join in on either interview.
If you want 2 Interview Schedules, simply select 2 Interview Schedules during registration. If, instead, your team would prefer to conduct a "team interview" and meet with one student at a time, select 1 Interview Schedule.
Ready to Register?
We are on the job board Handshake: Register for Design Expo Here
How to Register One Versus Two Interview Schedules.
There is no additional cost to register 2 Interview Schedules.
- If you select one Interview Schedule, you will need to designate only one "Lead Interviewer" to physically go into the Online Interview Scheduler one week prior to the event and select what students your team would like to interview. See all important deadlines below. During the event, your team will interview one student at a time in a "team interview" setup. In total, your company can select 10 students to interview for the entire day from 11 am to 5 pm. See a picture of 1 vs. 2 Interview Schedules
- If you select two Interview Schedules, you will need to designate 2 "Lead Interviewers" to physically go into our Online Interview Scheduler one week prior to the event and select what students they would like to interview on their own schedule. See all important deadlines below. Each rep will select their own set of 10 students, so combined, your company will select up to 20 students to interview for the entire day.
Review Online Portfolios:
March 12 - March 17
Two weeks prior to the event, every registered team member from your company will receive a link to view students' online portfolios. As a team, you can decide on your "wish list" of students you would like to select to interview. Your team will receive the link via email to view students' online portfolios. Please block time on your calendars to meet as a team during this week to create your "wish list" of students you'd like to interview.
Scheduling Your Interviews:
Wed. March 18 at 10 a.m. ET
The Online Interview Scheduler will open on Wed. March 18 at 10 a.m. ET -- and top students get booked within an hour. Everyone designated a "Lead Interviewer" during the registration process should mark this date and time on their calendars. Those unavailable, should make arrangements to provide your "wish list" to another registered team member and ask them to book students for you.
You will have until Fri. March 20 to finalize your schedule.
If you have any questions about this event, contact Ainsley Maloney, Associate Director of Industry Relations, at 215-951-2932.