Name: Jefferson Recreation & Fitness Center Expand/Collapse Contact Info
1020 Locust Street
Jefferson Alumni Hall, B77
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Holiday hours will vary.
We are no longer requiring reservations to use the facility. However, as we continue to monitor the number of cases on campus and locally, the possibility of reinstating a reservation still exists.
- Members/students will check in at the front desk with their Jefferson ID.
- Members/students will be asked to use hand sanitizer prior to accessing the weight and cardio rooms.
- A valid Jefferson student or employee ID is required to enter the Center. Family, alumni, retiree, and visitor members will be required to purchase a membership & aquire a vailid Jefferson ID through the JRFC.
Masks & Attire
- The Center will enforce a mask policy in accordance with the university and city guidelines. If the university and/or city are mandating that masks be worn indoors, then all patrons of the Center must wear masks at all times in the Fitness Center, unless briefly removing it to drink or eat.
- SCRUBS ARE NOT permitted inside the Center.
- Group exercise classes are currently being offered in person in Studio 1. Please see our social media accounts for updated schedules.
- All classes are free of charge to all Jefferson University students, faculty, and staff.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Commonly touched surfaces (e.g., doors, pens, flat surfaces) will be cleaned frequently and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Anyone using the Center's equipment is required to clean the equipment before and after each use (dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, machines, etc.).
- Additional spray bottles and wipes will be added throughout the JRFC.
- Staff members will constantly be on the floor cleaning and disinfecting.
- Members/students must bring their own water bottle! Only bottle refill stations will be available for use.
- Members/students must bring their own towel if they need one. Towel service is NOT available at this time.
- The pool and sauna are currently closed.
- Free lockers are available for daily-use. Yearly locker rentals are available for purchase at the front desk for $65.
It is important to remember that circumstances may arise which require us to quickly alter or halt operations. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.