Connected Care: Telehealth & Digital Health Innovation
Telehealth & Connected Care: An Advanced Course
The healthcare landscape is constantly changing and the role of telehealth in healthcare delivery has expanded and seen massive growth. Many clinicians have now adopted telehealth practices to broader access to healthcare, increases efficiency while reducing costs, and enhances patient safety, quality of care, patient satisfaction, and outcomes. With Telehealth expanding and being adopted by more hospitals, there is an emerging need for trained professionals who will effectively employ telehealth services. This course upskills and provides advanced training to clinicians that are currently practicing telehealth to ensure the best care for their patients
Who should apply?
Clinicians, administrators, managers and other professionals from a wide variety of health care specialties including:
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists, Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Optometrists, Dietitians, Nutritionists and more.
- Describe Telehealth and its corresponding technologies
- Analyze the applications, benefits and challenges of Telehealth delivery
- Formulate an effective telehealth team with various roles
- Employ common Telehealth technologies with technical proficiency
- Compose a plan for general set-up, physical exam and troubleshooting during a Telehealth encounter
- Practice the ethical, legal, and regulatory considerations of Telehealth
- Organize programmatic issues and ways to improve systems
Course Dates: October 19, 2020 - December 18, 2020
Application Deadline: October 12, 2020
- Telehealth and Connected Care: An Advanced Course, 3-credits
- Tuition and fees vary by program and term. For more information, please review our Tuition Information page and select 'Graduate and Institute of Emerging Health Professions tuition and fees' link.
Students are invited to take courses without committing to a certificate program as a non-matriculated student. We can accommodate individuals with at least a bachelor’s degree in any area of study. If a non-matriculated student eventually applies to and is accepted by the Digital Health certificate program, credits for any courses in which he or she earned a “B” or above can be transferred.
- Resume: We recommend your Resume/CV be sent via email to email@example.com. If choosing this option, please indicate on the application that it has been emailed.
- Transcripts: Submit an official transcript from the last institution you have attended. This can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Attention: Marc Stearns
130 S. 9th Street
Edison Building, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107
How to apply
- Please be sure to read all instructions at the top of each screen before starting each section.
- When asked to choose a Login ID, you may, but are not required to, use your social security number. This will help the Admissions Office match transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal statements and other materials accordingly. Otherwise you can create a Login ID of up to 9 alphanumeric characters. You may choose any six-digit number for the PIN number. Be certain to record your Login ID and PIN number.
- There is a 5-minute inactivity timeout. After which, you will be prompted to re-enter your Login ID and PIN to continue with the application.
- When entering a date in any section of the application, use the format MM/DD/YYYY, including the slashes.
- When all sections are complete, select the Application Complete box before submitting the application. If you do not check the complete box, the application will not be submitted to the database.
- After the application is complete, please provide a credit card number and expiration date to pay the non-refundable $10 application fee. Failure to provide credit card authorization will result in an incomplete application and it will not be added to our database.
Shruti Chandra, MD, MEHP
Program Director, Digital Health, Institute of Emerging Health Professions Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Office of Admissions