Institute of Emerging Health Professions
Blockchain for Health Care
The Blockchain for Health Care graduate certificate is focused on exploring the fundamentals of Blockchain and related technologies that can be leveraged to improve healthcare and empower patients.
- Mitch Parker - Executive Director, Information Security and Compliance, Indiana University Health
Blockchain technology has the potential for improving auditing, data provenance, and data quality. As we move to more advanced technologies being used in the care process, such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, these technologies can be used to augment and address these areas.
A first-of-its-kind certificate created to nationally bridge the emerging fields of Blockchain and healthcare at the graduate level. The courses will provide a high-level understanding of privacy, ethics, and regulatory issues regarding technologies and how they can be used within the healthcare system.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to advance in their careers as Business Analysts, Technology Engineers, Hospital Administrators, Data Analysts, Informational Technology Managers, Data Governance Administrators, Clinical Trial Managers, Physician Liaisons and more.
- Identify problems or opportunities and generate ideas to address those within the complex healthcare system.
- Understand how Blockchain technology works with healthcare systems and existing technologies.
- Understand Distributed Ledger Technology and Consensus Mechanism.
- Lead, manage, or work effectively in support of the development or implementation of Blockchain technology projects in a healthcare environment.
- Communicate effectively, particularly innovative ideas, verbally and in writing for diverse audiences both within and outside of healthcare systems.
Watch this brief video for an inside look at our Blockchain for Health Care graduate certificate.
|Course Names||Credit Hours|
|Intro to Blockchain||3|
|Blockchain - The New Trust Framework
|Blockchain - Policy and Standards
|Blockchain - Real World Use Cases
For further information, please visit our Academic Calendar page.
Are you interested in taking the Intro to Blockchain course as a
non-matriculated student? Fill out the application below and indicate your interest in our Blockchain course
Tuition: $1,150 per credit
IT Fee: $540
Library Fee: $388
This certificate will teach practical tools for evaluating and implementing technology based healthcare startups.
The intersection between technology and healthcare focused on user experience design and patient engagement tools.