Community Health Worker Plus
The Institute of Emerging Health Professions is offering a Community Health Worker Plus (CHW) program. The life of this program depends on job availability, as we strive to find job placement for each of our students (although job placement is not guaranteed).
We are offering a 6 weeks combined Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) and Community Health Worker (CHW) training program starting September 17, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following criteria :
- Be self-identified individuals who have received or are receiving mental health services for a serious emotional disturbance or serious mental illness
- Have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma and within the last three years, have either maintained at least 12 months of successful work or volunteer experience, or earned at least 24 credit hours at a college or post-secondary educational institution
Through advanced training, graduates of this program will learn how to build individual and community health knowledge in order to improve quality and cultural competence of needed health services through outreach, community education, social support, advocacy, and care counseling.
Training for CPS is provided by Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health & Intellectual disAbility Services (DBHIDS).
|Certified Peer Specialist Training
||Community Health Worker Training|
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 12 months of sucessful work or volunteer experience
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Self-identified individuals who have received/receiving mental health services for a serious emotional disturbance or serious mental illness
Please complete and send the application form to IEHP-Info@jefferson.edu.
Qualifying applicants can apply for financial assistance with Philadelphia Works Inc.