Institute of Emerging Health Professions
How to Apply
Application fee: $25.00. The fee is non-refundable.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2019
Semester dates: September 16 - October 20
Official Transcript or Professional Credential
(please provide one of the following)
- Transcript or Diploma: Upload a transcript or Diploma from the last institution you have attended or email it to Marc.Stearns@jefferson.edu. This can be uploaded to the application in the ‘Program Materials’ Section, under documents.
- Professional Certification or Licensure: Provide a copy of a current, active professional certification or licensure (state or national). This can be uploaded to the application in the ‘Program Materials’ Section, under documents.
To send us your official transcript from the last institution, please send them to the following address or email it to Marc.Stearns@jefferson.edu.
TJAPP Transcript Verification Center
P.O. Box 9130
Watertown, MA 02471
2019-2020 Semester Dates
Fall Schedule: September 16 - October 20
English Language Proficiency for International Applicants
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Thomas Jefferson University. Students must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores or fulfill one or more of the conditions necessary to waive the English language proficiency requirement. TOEFL or IELTS scores are valid for two years; scores older than two years will not be considered.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows:
Reading = 21
Listening = 22
Speaking = 23
Writing = 21
TOEFL code = 2999
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with an overall score of at least 6.5 and individual section scores as follows:
Listening = 6.5
Reading = 6.5
Writing = 6
Speaking = 7
TOEFL/IELTS requirement can be waived if you have:
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Current professional licensure (MD, DO, RN, etc.)
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries: Australia Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or United Kingdom.