Midwifery & Women's Health
Applying - Doctor of Midwifery
The Doctor of Midwifery is a professional degree intended for mid-career midwives.
The deadline for complete admissions materials to be received is as follows:
- Preferred deadline: April 1
- Final deadline: June 1
Students must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the program:
- University Graduate Application (apply online)
- Proof of graduate degree or higher (e.g. MS, MSc, MSN, MPH)
- Proof of graduation from an accredited midwifery program
- Official college transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA in graduate work) from each academic institution
- National certification/registration in midwifery
- Two professional letters of reference addressing your aptitude for scholarly work and leadership roles
- Statement of purpose (approximately 700-800 words)
Academic Writing Sample, or published peer reviewed article, or GRE with writing score of ≥ 3.5
- NACES accredited US course-by-course equivalency evaluation. We typically work with World Education Services.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for all applicants who do not hold at least a Bachelor's degree from a US institution of higher education.
- 100 on the Internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
- IELTS score of 7 or higher