Midwifery & Women's Health
Applying - MS Completion
MS in Midwife Completion program classes begin three times a year, in fall, spring and summer.
Make sure to follow the specific instructions on this page when applying for the MS in Midwife Completion program, as each Midwifery program has customized requirements.
We have rolling admissions and application materials are accepted throughout the year. The deadlines for complete admissions materials to be received are as follows:
|FALL SEMESTER (August start)||SPRING SEMESTER (January start)|
|April 1st - preferred deadline||September 1st - preferred deadline|
|June 1st - final deadline||November 1st - final deadline|
|MS Completion students have the additional option of a summer (late May) start.
The deadline for summer start is March 1st preferred, April 1st Final.
To be eligible for admission to the Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) MS in Midwifery Completion program, you must have the following credentials:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Completion of a three-credit statistics course.
- Completion of, or current enrollment in, an ACME (Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education) accredited midwifery education program with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Standardized test scores (GRE) are recommended but not required.
- Two letters of reference.
- Academic Writing sample - a critique of an article that appeared in the Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health within the last year (not required of Midwifery Institute Alumnae).
- Professional resume or CV
Qualified applicants will be granted a telephone interview by a Jefferson faculty member.
If you have questions concerning the program, please contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions: (215) 951-2943