Midwifery & Women's Health
Applying - Post Master's Certificate
The MS in Midwifery/Post-Graduate Certificate Classes begin twice a year, in fall and spring. We have rolling admission that are accepted throughout the year.
Make sure to follow the specific instructions on this page when applying for the Post-Graduate Certificate program, as each Midwifery program has customized requirements.
The deadlines for complete admissions materials to be received are as follows:
|FALL SEMESTER - August start||SPRING SEMESTER - January start|
|April 1st - preferred deadline||September 1st - preferred deadline|
|June 1st - final deadline||November 1st - final deadline|
|MS Completion students have the additional option of a summer (late May) start.
The deadline for summer start is March 1st preferred, April 1st Final.
For admission consideration students must submit:
- Graduate studies application and program supplemental application
- Non-refundable $40 application fee
- Evidence of successful completion of a three-credit statistics course
- Professional resume or CV
- Proof of being a Registered Nurse currently licensed in the state in which you work and/or in the state you plan to do clinical or successfully complete the CM Pathway
- Official transcript from a regionally accredited institution showing conferral of a master's degree or higher in a health related discipline
- Baccalaureate or higher degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proof of a personal interview with a potential clinical preceptor and a written promise to work toward a clinical site agreement with the university
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals who can attest to your character, academic and clinical abilities
- Personal statement according to program guidelines
- One of the following:
- Official GRE Scores OR
- Academic writing sample following admission guidelines
In addition, one year of work experience relevant to midwifery is strongly recommended.
Qualified applicants will be granted a telephone interview by a Jefferson faculty member.